Wednesday, January 8, 2014

May all your WISHES come true!

I've got a couple of super quick birthday cards to share today. :) 
But first, I have to tell my mom Happy Birthday! I hope you have a fabulous day! 
 I got the inspiration for this card, (well I actually scraplifted the idea) from Candace over at Paper Crafts by Candace. To check out her original post, click here. The sentiment is from the Jaded Blossom Sweet Birthday Wishes stamp set.
These cards are super easy to make, which means you can make a bunch and keep them on hand too! To make mine, I just found the balloon shape in the Silhouette Online Store. From there I created a rectangle (4 inches x 5 1/2 inches), selected both shapes, and then created a compound path. This allows the balloon to be cut out of the rectangle. I also created an offset of the balloon and created a compound path between those two shapes to create the border for the balloon. Some enamel dots and some hemp twine finish it off! (I also kept all of the these layers flat, so that if I needed to mail one of the cards, it wouldn't be too bulky.) And for the inside I used another sentiment off of the same Sweet Birthday Wishes stamp set!
Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink Cardstock:
Kraft
Smokey Shadow
Raspberry Fizz
My Mind's Eye Kate & Co Cambridge Court
Jaded Blossom Sweet Birthday Wishes
Silhouette Online Store
Hemp twine
Enamel dots

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

really cute birthday card, hugs

Migdalia said...

Super DUPER cute cards!!!
Sending birthday wishes to your mom!!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M