Friday, August 12, 2011

My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Welcome to another Throwback Thursday Challenge over at My Creative Time!

 Here are the details for the challenge:
***Use ANY "RETIRED" Cricut cartridge of YOUR choice! You can see a list of "Retired" cartridges HERE! IF you do NOT own a retired cartridge, just use any OLDER cart that you own!

For the winner of this Throwback Thursday Challenge, Emma is giving away her newest release, her 9th Edition stamp set! The entire set!

I decided to go with the Serenade Cricut Cartridge. This one has so many cute cuts on it! And since my kids were watching Gnomeo and Juliet a few days back...I couldn't resist these adorable little flamingos for an anniversary card! :)






Recipe:

Once Upon a Princess Cricut Cartridge (page 46) I used my Gypsy to weld the two images together for my card base. Then made a couple smaller layers. The card is just barely under 5x7.
Stampin' Up Cardstock: Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Kraft, Ripe Avocado, New Leaf, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst
Serenade Cricut Cartridge: Flamingos cut at 4" (For the green Flamingo, I flipped it with my Gypsy.)
Floral Screen Cuttlebug folder
My Creative Time "My One and Only" stamp set
Stampin' up Chocolate Chip Ink

Enjoy!!

                                     

13 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

love the card!! The background paper is really nice
Kristan

Gia said...

Love this card! The shape is awesome! Cute flamingos too :)

Crafting Katie said...

This card is the CUTEST! Now I'm really wishing I had the Serenade cartridge - those flamingoes are adorable! I love the colors you used, and they really stand out against your embossed background. Beautiful card shape too! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Time's Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is ADORABLE!!! I was thinking about using Serenade too! So much fun stuff on it, and I HAD to have it, but have hardly used it!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

very cute ! that movie was the first thing that popped into my head too...lol Ive watched it a few too many times...lol
great card!
scrappinwithmybug

Kimberly J. said...

Awww this card is so sweet!! Great Job!!

My Creative Time said...

OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!
Thanks for joining us!!!!
Big Gypsy Hugs,
Emma;)

Jeanne said...

Thanks everyone! :) I didn't even realize how many super cute cuts are on the Serenade cart until I chose it for this challenge! I guess I haven't even used it!

Amanda T said...

This is such a darling card! I simply adore it.

Susan said...

I love this. Thank you for mentioning the color names. The colors are so vibrant. It reminds me that I can make these colors on my Gypsy. I'm inspired...thank you.
Susan
itsmesusanp.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Love the shape of this card. Great job

Melissa said...

Very nice card and your stamp work is lovely.

Glora said...

Perfect card! I love the shape, embossing, sentiments... EVERYTHING! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora