Thursday, June 30, 2011

First attempt with my Cricut Cake...

Wow! Blogger is FINALLY working for me again! 

I got my Cricut Cake machine a while back and just decided to pull it out to make a cake for Father's Day. It was actually a messy process! And it seemed like it took me forever to roll the gum paste out to the thickness it needed to be to work well in the machine. I used the Wilton gum paste for this first one. I wanted to make the gum paste on www.cricut.com/cake, but come to find out, you cannot purchase Tylose powder here in town. :( The Wilton brand was relatively easy to use, I just didn't think it tasted the best. My kids ate it though! I used it just the white color it comes in and also dyed it blue with the Wilton blue coloring.




I'm not sure if this is as thin as I should have taken the gum paste, but the Cricut Cake had no trouble cutting it! :)


I've also discovered that I don't like to roll out gum paste...maybe that's why I don't work in a bakery...I think I'll just stick to paper for the most part. It's much easier to clean up!


I rolled it out and then froze it for about 8-10 minutes before loading it into the Cricut Cake to cut. Worked perfectly!



And here it is...the finished cake!! (Don't look at my frosting abilities. I cannot frost a cake, even if my life depended on it! Next time, I think I'll use the fondant!)


3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! That cake looks YUMMY! Nice job with your first cake decorating piece! I bet your kids are gonna LOVE you making them more cakes & Cupcakes... :o)
Theresa

Jeanne said...

They would love it! I on the other hand, would have to do all the work and cleanup! :D

Adrian said...

Great job, Yummy!