Friday, June 17, 2011

Who is counting?



I had purchased this PaperTrey Ink "Birthday Bash Sentiments" stamp set a while back, and just never got around to using it! When I found a super cute card on the Crafting With Katie blog I wanted to try and make the card using my Imagine and a cute little owl from the Imagine More cartridge.

But then my Imagine decided to stop working. After sending it in for replacement and receiving a USED Imagine back, I called up Provo Craft, and politely informed them that I had purchased a new machine from the very beginning and would be happy to send this "used" one back for a brand new one in return. They required pictures of all the scratches all over the machine and the tore up cartridge case. And within a day, I had received another return label and had shipped it off again. Finally I received a new machine (that had been opened already). Provo Craft said that they open and update the machines BEFORE they send them out now because there were so many problems with them. Strange, how they had just updated it two days prior...but it still required an update from me too. Hmmm. But the customer service was super fast and helpful, I have a new machine that works fantastic. And even the calibration is better than my original machine! I guess I shouldn't complain!

Anyway, so I had to use my CE2 to make this birthday card for my little sister. What am I saying, I HAD to use the E2? I decided to use it. It is just one more fantastic machine from Provo Craft!





Recipe for card:

Cardstock: PaperTrey Ink Kraft
                 Jilli Bean Soup Spotted Owl 6x6 paper pack
                 Misc cardstock from my scrap pile

Straight From the Nest Cricut Cartridge (page 30)

Stampin' Up Punch

PaperTrey Ink "Birthday bash" stamp set

Tim Holtz "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink

Divine Twine

Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Georgiana said...

I am glad all your machine problems have been resolved. Your card is adorable.

Scrapper69 said...

So glad you got another machine and that it works for ya! I really like this card! The Owls are ADORABLE and that paper is AWESOME! Goes perfect together! :o)
Theresa

Anonymous said...

Love this! Love the owls and the background paper is just PERFECT for the card and sentiment :-)

Sarah said...

I love this card, it's perfect. I'm a new follower. I got your blog from your comment on the Cricut facebook page, I'm glad I did :).

~sarah
http://simplyshaddock.blogspot.com