Tuesday, September 10, 2013

PPPR DT :: Glad I found you, STUD!

This project for the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons design team post is a special one for me!
Today, my husband Shawn and I are celebrating our 14th anniversary! Happy Anniversary Shawn! I guess you were right, I am stuck with you! :)

For my card I used the Stud Finder cut file to create this shaped card perfect for any man!
I used the JPEG files that come along with the set for the top sentiment, but I had several issues trying to get my printer to actually print it! I guess I haven't used that printer in so long, that the print heads were clogged or just flat out ruined. I had to change all the ink cartridges and then I still can't get the black to print. I ended up installing Silhouette Studio onto my iMac and then using a flash drive to save and open the file to print it on my other printer. What a pain...but it still turned out great and the print and cut feature is still amazing.
It's a pretty simple card, but I know that he'll like it!
I cut the buttons out of black Core'dinations several times so I could make them pop up off the card. Then I added some glossy accents to finish them off.
Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink White cardstock
Core'dinations
Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Stud Finder cut file
My Creative Time Chocolate Greetings
Freckled Fawn Wood Veneers

The rest of the design team projects can be seen at the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons blog, so stop by and check them out!

1 comment:

MizDenise said...

Great card! I love the glossy buttons! In the photo, their surface seems nice & smooth - mine always have some streak or spot/bubble - not smooth & glossy like yours. ... Any hints & suggestions?

I found you from the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Project Parade group (new lurker).