Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy Birthday Braxton!!

Good morning bloggers! Today is my nephew Braxton's 4th birthday!

Happy Birthday Braxton!!

Braxton is a fan of Bumble the Yeti. And of course since he has a winter birthday, I figured I could totally pull off a winter themed birthday card. :)
 Today's card is another shaker card. I used the Lawn Fawn Large and Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables to create a frame to hold my sequins. I popped it up on two pieces of foam tape to give it enough room to shake. :) For the background, I used a new technique (for me) using a stencil and some embossing paste to create the snowfall.
 The Bumble Yeti is from Paper Piecings by Nikki. The snow banks were cut from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders. The sequins are a mixture of both Neat & Tanged and Pretty Pink Posh, and my sentiment is from the Jaded Blossom So Many Birthdays stamp set.
 Supplies:
Neenah Soloar White cardstock
Doodlebug Designs Frosty Friends
Studio Calico acetate
Jaded Blossom So Many Birthdays
Simon Says Stamps Falling Snow stencil
Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste

Oh, and if you've noticed my new watermark today, head on over and check out Simply Claudia Designs on Facebook. I absolutely LOVE the simplicity of her handwritten logos and watermarks! 

Enjoy your day!

13 comments:

scraptist said...

No Yeti file at Paper Piecings by Nikki. So sad cause it is adorable!

Love the card too. :)

Candace Pelfrey said...

This is sooo stinkin cute Jeanne! I love that you made a winter themed birthday card. Thanks sooo much for joining in the monthly challenge at Jaded Blossom!
~Candace :)

Melissa said...

So cute for a birthday- Thanks for sharing at Jaded Blossom :)

GiGi said...

This is SOOO SUPER CUTE!!! The shaker card is so fun! Thanks for playing along at Jaded Blossom!

BugBites said...

So stinkin' cute. I gotta try one of these shaker cards soon!. They kinda scare me. Thanks for linking up at JB.

Sara Bottomlee said...

OMG this is adorable! I have got to try one of these shaker cards they are so cute. Thanks for joining the JB monthly challenge.

Cindy Beland said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE card, LOVE IT!!!!Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom Challenge :)

Trixie said...

This is so freakin cute!!! I just LOVE LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining the Jaded Blossom monthly Challenge.

Leanne said...

Hey girlie! I saw this over on FB too and had to come give you some love on your blog! This is absolutely adorable!! LOVE!!! Thanks for joining in on Jaded Blossoms monthly challenge! Hugs, Leanne

morentin1326 said...

very cool... love the colors

Michelle said...

lol lol this is awesome ! love all the sequins in there tooo !!! awesome ! thanks for joining us in the Jaded Blossom challenge !

Michelle ~ JB Owner
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Crystal said...

Super cool winter birthday card! Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom Challenge!

Unknown said...

This is soooooo fun! It has been years since I made a shaker card and you have inspired me. I love the thought and design you used!