Thursday, January 1, 2015

Make Today SUPER!

Good morning...and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Since 2014 came and went so fast, it's that time again to think about resolutions and starting over with a clean slate...
And I hope you ALL Make Today SUPER!
I have so many stamps that there are some brands that I haven't even gotten around to using! So today, I pulled out the Super stamp and Super Dies 1 and 2 sets from Paper Smooches. Aren't they adorable? (And then after I had been reminded of just how great these stamps are, I had to go a place another order!) 

For today's card, I created a standard A2 sized card. I used the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Circle Dies to create the top layers for my card. I cut the little super hero out on X-press It Blending paper, stamped the image, and colored it in with Copics. For the city scape silhouette behind him, I used the die set and cut them out of some black card stock.
I wanted to fill in the little "windows" of the dies with some yellow. Which brought me to another technique that I hadn't done for a long time...some inking with Tim Holtz Distress Inks! After that was all said and done, I decided I needed to ink up the night sky too. :) 

For the sentiment, I used the My Favorite Things Simply Fabulous Sayings stamp set and the Paper Smooches Super set. I added some foam tape to the back of the white layer to pop it up and some enamel dots to finish it off.
Supplies:
Neenah Solar White card stock
X-Press It Blending Card
My Favorite Things Simply Fabulous Sayings
Paper Smooches Super
Paper Smooches Super Dies 1 & 2
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Dies

Distress Inks:

Copics
Enamel Dots

I hope your New Year's Day is SUPER!

2 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!!

Migdalia said...

This is just AWESOME!!
Wishing you & your family a very happy & blessed 2015
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*