Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"3-D Wednesday" over at My Creative Time!!

Hello! Welcome to my very first project for 3-D Wednesday for My Creative Time!! Today's project was to create a treat holder or other 3-D item. So I set out on finding a treat holder that I thought hadn't been created by too many crafty people out there. :) And the one I found was on the Life's A Party Cricut Cartridge!


I cut the box at 11 1/2 inches in width, with my Gypsy and E2. The patterned paper is from the My Mind's Eye Twinkle Twinkle Little Boy and Twinkle Twinkle Little Girl paper stacks. I used PaperTrey Ink for all the solid cardstock.



I used the Scallop and Stitched Circle dies for the tag and stamped it with a stamp from "All Around Birthday Time" and some cute little footprints from the "All Star Baby" stamp set. You can view the stamps and dies HERE. I wrapped up the treat holder with some tulle and ribbon from PaperTrey Ink, and added some PaperTrey Ink vintage buttons around the top of the holder.




I didn't like the letter layer that they had on the cartridge, so I decided to use my Gypsy and create my own! I used the Lacy Labels cartridge for the frame and Don Juan for the font. I connected them with a rectangle from George and Basic Shapes and welded them together for the final piece! The frame size was just under 2 1/4 inches.



I hope you enjoyed my treat holders! Don't forget to head over toMy Creative Time for some more fabulous projects from this awesome design team!

14 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW,these boxes are sooo beautiful!! I love everything about them!! The ribbons,the papers,the letters...beautiful!! :)
Cindy

Kate said...

Yeah I found the comment box. These boxes are so beautiful. What a perfect gift this will make.

Hugs,
Kate

Crafting Katie said...

Precious, Jeanne!!! I've never seen those boxes before! You've decorated them just beautifully! Love that paper!

Cathryn said...

Very cute Jeanne. Great job on your first post!!!! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!! These came out perfect!!

Yvonne said...

These are so adorable!!! Now I need to get this cartridge. Amazing job. ~Yvonne OneCreativeMomma.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

WOW...these look great! I just love all the details!

Glora said...

You are right, I have this cartridge and totally forgot about this box! It is terrific!!! I LOVE that you made a boy one and a girl one too. And those little feet look so cute and perfect with that sentiment! BEAUTIFUL job! Hugs- Glora

Crafty Starkie said...

You can consider yourself very talented because these are fantastic! Nice job on the challenge! They sure are cute!

gettincraftystarkie.blogspot.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

These are just the cutest. I just ordered that cart. I can't wait to get it. Smooches... Felicia

Cassandra said...

Wow! These are so great! I love seeing something new...thanks for looking for it...I'm so glad I have that cart :) Love all your creativity too. Nice job !

hugs
Cassandra

liz at liz's paper loft said...

those are sooo CUTE!!!! fabulous first project! I didn't even know I had that image!!! :)

Cricutjunkie said...

How Cute. I love the detail on the box. I have this cart and love it...thanks for showing something different. I am now your newest follower. Please stop by and say HI. Traci
Cricutjunkie@gmail.com

Leanne said...

These are absolutely ADORABLE and different! I love to look for different things to! I'm glad you found this one! I don't have this cartridge but your making me want it now hee hee!! Hugs, Leanne