Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Creative Time November Release Sneak Peek #2

Welcome to DAY 2 of Sneaky Peeks for My Creative Time! I am SO excited for this release!

My oldest son is in Kenpo Karate with the BEST karate instructor EVER! In May he participated in the Karate Championship and took 2nd place in Creative Forms. He was an Orange Belt at that time, but has since earned his Purple Belt! I don't have a picture of him because the instructor decided to test him the day that my husband took him, so I didn't even know about it until he came home! His goal is to be a black belt by the time he graduates High School. He's got 6 years to go!


SO...I was SUPER excited to be able to do the sneak peek for one of Emma's new releases called "Black Belt!"


For my background, I decided to incorporate the different colored belts that you can earn in Kenpo Karate. I used my Janome sewing machine to add the stitching to them, and LOVE the way it turned out!

I just can't STOP making these little banners!! :)


I used the Sports Mania Cricut Cartridge for the Discipline title cut. I cut out the symbol it had cut and stamped it with another stamp in this set. It worked perfectly!





Supplies:

PaperTrey Ink White cardstock and misc colored cardstock

My Creative Time stamps and dies:
"Anyday Bingo And Crossword" stamp set
Build A Banner Kit
"Black Belt" stamp set

Stampin' Up Corner Ticket punch
Janome and misc thread
Offray Black Ribbon

SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY TIME!

Listen up "My Creative Time" friends! We are giving all of you an opportunity to win the BEST PRIZES during Sneak Peek week with a total of "6" winners to be announced during Friday's Stamp release! All you have to do is leave a comment HERE along with the rest of the design teams blogs for a chance! There are some AWESOME prizes with this release!

1. SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have! Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page HERE that you did so! OR you can just tag Emma in your post! and........

2. Just comment on ALL of the designer's blogs EVERYDAY during Sneaky Peek week! THAT'S ALL you have to do to qualify for the BEST giveaways EVER! ;)

All winners will "randomly" get chosen and Emma will announce all six winners on Friday, November 18th @ 12:01am PST in her video during the release of this AMAZING new stamp collection & maybe a new die! ;) GOOD LUCK! Log onto your Facebook now & let's start spreading the word! ;)

56 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Congrats for making 2nd place! That's awesome!! I wish him good luck,that he'll reach his goal with the black belt!!
Awesome Layout!! I love the different stripes of cardstock!! Great design!! :)
Cindy

jessica said...

WOW~~ this LO is amazing!! congrats to your son...that is a huge accomplishment and I know you are one proud momma!!
I love the LO of your design...the stitching is awesome and adds so much!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Crafting Katie said...

Awesome layout! I love all of the belts with the stitching - perfect touch! Great job showcasing the stamps!

Alvina said...

wow, I Love you layout and what a great idea to incorporated as a background all the belts colors, TFS

alvinadiaz@msn.com
alvinascreations.blogspot.com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

this is FANTASTIC! I love the layers of colors! Great idea!

Jennifer said...

Very cute layout and perfect for your son. I love the color combo.
Jenn

Tricia said...

LOVE THIS!!! I'm going to pass this on to my girlfriend that has a boy in karate, it's a great LO! TFS!!

Scrappin with the bug said...

Great layout I love the way you used the belt colors to make the background. Great job on the layout and Congrats to your son.

Linda Harris said...

Awesome layout. Love the use of the belts and the different colors. Linda Harris Lsunflower58@aol.com

365 Days of Cricut said...

Your layout is so awesome and perfect for a boy!

Gina said...

incredible! Love the belt colors in the background. Good luck to your son in achieving his goal!!
babi96 at aol dot com

Debbie said...

WOW, this layout is amazing! Congrats to your son I am sure he will make it to his black belt!

Debbie B.

Houses Built of Cards said...

What a perfect set for you to play with! Congrats to your son - and love the layout!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Congrats to your son and hopefully he gets his black belt soon. This is just an awesome LO. I love how the strips of color actually looks like the belts especially since you added the stitching. Wonderful Job.

Hugs,
Kate

MeMe said...

Great layout--Love the motivation that Karate gives out young people. I have an aspiring black belt in our family as well.
Pat
plweir1969@yahoo.com

Tami B. said...

Using the belt colors as the background was a great touch. Very nice LO!

Trisha said...

Wow, what an awesome layout. Very, very special. Love how you added the stamp to the title. patnbobcuddy at gmail dot com

Glora said...

Okay, this LO is FABULOUS!!!! FLAWLESS!!!! I absolutely love all the stripes on belt colors and the machine stitching on them is GORGEOUS!!! I wish I could machine stitch a straight line because I LOVE the way it looks! Everything on this LO is AMAZING down to the spot where the photo goes with the little black belt ribbon tied around it! AWESOME!!! Hugs- Glora

Candy said...

What a fantastic layout! Love how you used those stripes on the background and your use of the banner die is fabulous.
Congrats to your little guy. It's great to have goals at such a young age.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Shar said...

This is fabulous!!! Love the photo of your proud son and the layout is just fab!!!!

pruttybird said...

Love this layout. Congrats to your son!!

pruttybird at comcast dot net

Lara said...

So cool, my niece has her orange belt in Kenpo (or is it Kempo?) Karate too! Congratulations to your son! What a nice job! lclass003atgmaildotcom

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

this is an awesome layout!! love it! and congrats to your son!!

Gabriela Sandoval said...

This is a great layout.

Gabriela

gaby@hispaniclifestyle.com

Tammy said...

Congrats to your son keep up the good. The LO is awesome love the added stitching from machine.

AmyT said...

Awesome layout. I love the stitching on the belts. Great job. TFS

Mimi said...

You can sure tell you know all about this sport! Fabulous LO!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

What a super cool layout. The details on this are perfect. Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Pam (AKA CraftyK) said...

Cool layout!! Congrats to your son!!

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

This is great! Love how clean the layout turned out! And your son is a cutie! Big hugs

Nancy

Crafting Butterfly Creations said...

Love it! Thank you for the inspiration.

Cassandra said...

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!! I am totally in love with your style. I love the clean lines and the sharp look of this layout. This is an absolute winner! Way to go!

hugs
Cassandra

GiGi said...

What a cool layout! I love the banner and karate boy stamp!

Lisa R. said...

This LO totally ROCKS!!!! Love the belts in the background. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the belt background.

Megan said...

Amazing layout! I love your little details!

pattyk said...

Nice L/O -like the banner and the black belt. millierose651@aol.com

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Love this layout with all the stamp sets! Especially the newest stamp release!
Great job!
jordanbev5@yahoo.com

Tina said...

Great layout. Love how you used the various belt colors.

Tina

VICTORIA said...

Love your layout page good job on it. :)

quilt4fun2 said...

Congratulations to your son...hope he gets to his goal. I love the color. Great job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Melissa said...

Great layout! Great Job!!

Melissa
www.mycreationsbymelissa.bloodspot.com

Lynnette said...

I really love the build a banner stamp set! It could go with EVERYTHING!! Cute layout! TFS!

lyn.torres@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Love your clean crisp style! Love the new stamps and dies, your layout show them off beautifully! I have many of Emma's stamps and some dies but not these, would love to win them, especially after seeing your LO. Will be visiting here often.........
TFS

Danielle Lee said...

Great layout! My kids are in karate too and it would be so great to have this stamp set to document their journey. Thanks for sharing!


Danielle
leeceratops@comcast.net

callyannc said...

Your layout is super cool! Love it! TFS CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
come on over:)

Madison said...

Jeanne, congrats on being added to Emma's DT. I was excited for you when I saw your name:) Your LO is really cool. You must be so proud of your son. Your scrapbook for him must be really awesome:) This page ROCKS!!
TFS!
~Madison funkycards.blogspot.com

Corrie M. said...

Love your LO, the stitching really adds dimension to it!

Jovan said...

OMG...this layout is AWESOME!

scrapaholicjen said...

Your layout is absolutely fabulous! Well done - love the stitching!
qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

An'Jenic G. said...

aww yoru layout is cute. Love the colors.

Crafty Pink Butterfly said...

Love how you used the belt colors.

brittmartin0910 said...

Such a cute layout. Thank you for sharing.

brittmartin1288@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

That's a layout your son is sure to treasure forever. I love how you did it all. The stitching is perfect.


Lisa

Unknown said...

Love the banner and the stripes
Cute LO
Now a follower
perderg{at}q{dot}com

Barbara said...

Great layout. Love the karate themed stamps.