Sunday, November 20, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge :: Sketch Challenge 65!

If you're looking for the Peacky Keen Stamps Kut Out Blog Hop, CLICK HERE!

If you're looking for the My Creative Time November Stamps Release Blog Hop, CLICK HERE! 

Now...onto a challenge! I haven't participated in too many challenges lately. It seems life keeps getting in the way of my crafting time. :) But, over on the Peachy Keen Stamps Blog, they are hosting the newest sketch challenge....and this one has a twist! 

The challenge is to create a card OR layout based on this sketch
AND USE
PAPER PIECING in your project!

Not sure how to paper piece? Using your stamps, stamp individual elements onto different papers and then "piece" them together!

They even provide a link to Split Coast Stampers which has a photo tutorial on how to do this. 
So go check out the tutorial, get some inspiration from the design team at the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge Blog and join in on the challenge! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I have to admit, I first tried the paper piecing for my project for the Peachy Keen Stamps Kut Out Blog Hop and I LOVE it! So I had to make a project for this challenge as well!



Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink Kraft cardstock
My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas paper stack
Coordinations Pearl cardstock
Peachy Keen Stamps and Kut Outs:
Girl Penguin
Winter Character with stocking hat
Pink By Design "Snowflakes" stamp set
Copics
Spellbinders
Stampin' Up Punch
Stickles
Glossy Accents

12 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Simply adorable card I love the patterned paper.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

girlia said...

No other words for it. Adorable.

Unknown said...

You paper pieced to perfection Jeanne! LOVE your penguin. Thanks for taking on our challenge. Good luck! xx

Cindy Lovell said...

Jeanne...this is adorable! I really love this card.Love the colors and the penguin is so sweet!! :)
Cindy

Nikki Foraker said...

OH. MY. GAWSH!!!! This is BEYOND CUTE!!! I just LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I just colored up this penguin ;) thanks for playing along with us at PeachyKeenStamps!!!!

Nikki

Glora said...

This penguin is the CUTEST!!!! You did her up just right!!!! LOVE IT!!! Hugs- Glora

Janice W. said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!! I love this card to bits! Thanks for joining the PK challenge and good luck!

quilt4fun2 said...

A great job on the challenge and your little guy is so cute...love Peachy Stamps.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Samantha Casey said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card! The penguin and colors are perfect! Good luck with the Peachy Keen challenge.
-Sam

Cassandra said...

This is so cute! Don't you just love the new stamps/dies sets??? I can't believe how many I ordered with the sale LOL Great job :)

hugs
Cassandra

Michelle said...

heheheh congrats !!! we are winners together yippy !!!! your card is tooo adorable girl ♥ it !
scrappinwithmybug.com

Cindy :) said...

lovely card, I adore that penguin....soooo darn cute,