Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finally...some new projects!

I know it feels like I've been away forever! First it started with the flu, and then after that life just kept me pretty busy. My boys' activities are in now in full swing, and there is hardly any time for myself! Today, my oldest wanted to have a "movie day" with mom, while my youngest and daddy hung out watching basketball. So we put in some movies and crafted the day away. (Well I did anyway...he just watched the movies!) I decided to try an easel card this weekend. And actually, once I started I couldn't stop! These just might be my new favorite card to make! I was able to get some birthday cards done, an anniversary and even a couple Easter items!


Here is how I made these easel cards. Cut a 4 1/4" x 11" for the base of the card. Score at 5 1/2" towards you and 2 3/4" away from you. Cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" paper for the top of the card. (This will adhere to the very top of the card to the 2 3/4" score mark.) All my other layers were 1/4" smaller than the previous layer. The smallest layer (where my sentiment is stamped) is cut at 1 3/4" x 4".

For the card below, I used PaperTrey Ink cardstock for the card, and Basic Grey "Life of the Party" stack as my top layer. The twine is also from PaperTrey Ink. My brown layer is just scrap cardstock. I used Pink By Design "Take the Cake" stamp set and some misc buttons as well! Enjoy!!



For this card below, I used the Creative Imaginations "Old Guys Rule" cardstock. Figured this would be a great card for my dad's birthday! :) Most of my solid cardstock is scraps. I used My Creative Time, "You're my Best Buddy" and "Wow, So Many Candles" stamps sets. I added some red brads to to the sentiment layer. I thought the front could use a little more, so this car was on the reverse side of this cardstock. I cut it out and added it to the card with an action wobble...enjoy!!



I learned of a little girl on Facebook (Prayers for Delaney) who lost her fight with cancer a couple of weeks ago. I kept up on her story, although, I couldn't think of anything to say to this family. Yesterday would have been her 4th birthday and I wanted to make a card for her family. They called her LaneyBug (or something to that effect), so I thought this little LadyBug stamp would be a good choice to add to a card. The stamp came from My Favorite Things. I colored her in with my Copics, E000, E00, R24, R29, B00, B01 and 100 Black. I used the Cosmo Cricket Salt Air Mini Deck for the top layer, and Bazzill French Vanilla for the base of the card as well as the other layers. I cut out the LadyBug with the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge. I added some of my new Crinkle Ribbon "Vanilla Bean" to the front of the card and some small buttons. I used a Pink By Design sentiment from the "Sympathy" stamp set.



And one more sympathy card this weekend. A good friend of mine lost her grandfather. So I wanted to make her a card as well. For the card below, I used My Mind's Eye "Stella Rose" paper stack, as well as some of my scraps. I used the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge to cut out a couple different layers for some heart stamps. The stamps came from the Pink By Design March Stamp of the Month set. (The Sentiment is also from PBD!) Again I used some Crinkle Ribbon, "Light Denim," and added some buttons from my collection. Enjoy!!



This turned into a pretty long post! Guess I'll have to start another one for my Easter projects!!

1 comment: