Sunday, March 27, 2011

My first "Stair Step" Card!

My nephew has a birthday coming up next month and I couldn't wait, I just had to share this card! Love the way it turned out! I've never done one of these types of cards before, but it actually wasn't that difficult!






I cut the card at 4 1/4" x 12" and scored it at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/2" and 6 1/2". All of the layers are 1/4" smaller than the previous one. I used the Robotz cartridge page 29 to cut out the Robot at 4 3/4".  I cut out the 5 from the same cartridge on page 32. I cut it at 1 1/4" I used the K & Co  Hopscotch paper stack for the patterned paper and Bazzill for the other layers. The card base is Bazzill Pacific. Once again, I used the Pink By Design "Take the Cake" stamp set for my sentiment. I decided to add a banner to the Robot. I used the Birthday Bash cartridge and cut the banner out at 1". The font was from the Robotz cartridge cut out at 1/2". With a tad bit of stitching...I think it will be a hit! Well I hope so! Enjoy!!

5 comments:

DIANA L. said...

CUTE CARD! I love itIf you add some embossing you could enter that one in Cards for men (and boys)
http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Glora said...

This is too adorable!!!! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

SusanBluerobot said...

Fantastic love it

Scrapper69 said...

This is simply ADORABLE! I have yet to try one but yours looks like fun! :O)
Theresa

BugBites said...

your work is amazing. I love your blog and stop often and therefore I have left you an award over at http://bugbites411.blogspot.com/