Friday, May 13, 2011

The Cricut Imagine, balsa wood and Mother's Day!

My last Mother's Day card for this year is for my sister! I had seen over at Crafting with Katie that she had used her Imagine to print on balsa wood. I was able to order some from Joann's online since I don't live around one, :( and gave it a whirl. It worked fabulous! I used the Lori's Garden Imagine cartridge (page 24) to print the butterfly layer. I cut the balsa wood at 4x4, so I just made the image fit into that square. Then used Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut and emboss it! The patterned layer is also from the same cartridge. I love how all the colors just go perfect together. My sentiment stamp is from Pink By Design and stamped with Stampin' Up Soft Suede. I also used that same ink around the edges. To finish it off, I used my PaperTrey Ink Dark Chocolate Ribbon, a button and twine! Enjoy!




1 comment:

Glora said...

It turned out SO pretty! Hugs- Glora