Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thank you card!

After playing in my craft room creating the card for my son's teacher, I decided to make one for the substitute teacher that had been teaching the class. My son has told me stories about how some of the children have behaved, so I can't imagine it was very easy for her! She needs to know that she is appreciated too!





Inside of card... 

I used Bazzill cardstock for the card (A2).  The lined paper is from Sassy Designs "Booked" Digital Paper Pack and trimmed with the Notebook edge punch by Fiskars. All of the other cardstock is scraps from my stash. :) The pencil was cut at 4 1/2" from the Simply Charmed cartridge. I created it on my Gypsy so I could hide the face and add one of those adorable Peachy Keen faces instead! This one came from the Paper Doll Faces Assortment (3/4"). I used a QuicKutz Apples embossing folder to emboss the red cardstock and added some Divine Twine and a button for a little embellishment. My stamped sentiments are from My Creative Time, "My Teacher Rocks" stamp set.

13 comments:

Adrian said...

Awesome job, love the card!

girlia said...

Too cute. Love this card

Gina said...

Super Cute! I love this :)

Jennie Garcia said...

I am crazy about this card!! Love the stamps, punch, cuts, etc. Thanks for Playing with us @ FCCB!! TFS!! TaKe Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Glora said...

This turned out absolutely ADORABLE! I love the way you did the twine and of course the PK face is just too cute. I also love how great Emma's stamps look on there. I know she will appreciate this card. Hugs- Glora

Sarah said...

This turned out great-- I know she's gonna love it! Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week :)

Marlene said...

Adorable! Love everything about it! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

Helen said...

Very cute! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

Scrapper69 said...

I LOVE, LOVe, LOVE how this turned out! I may have to scraplift it from ya! :o) I hope you don't mind.... it's soooo CUTE!
Theresa

My Lil' Bits said...

I love this, it is so adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us at FCCB! Lisa C

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a great card! Love the twine and the stamped face is just too cute! Thanks for joining our challenge at FCCB!

AmyJRockstar said...

That is very, very sweet of you! What an adorable card and I'm sure she will be so happy to recieve it. It's so nice to get things like that unexpectedly. Thanks for joining us over at FCCB. Good luck!

XO ~ Amy Jo(FCCB DT)

SiskiyouSue said...

Cute, and a great idea to make it for a sub. That's really hard work!