Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Have a kick-butt birthday!

 Good morning! Today, I've got a super special card to share with you! It happens to be my oldest son's 13th birthday! :) He doesn't read my blog (at least I don't think so) but, 

Happy Birthday Damien!

He is our little (okay...our big) karate kid! He is still working on getting his blue belt and it's getting really close. There is a lot of work and dedication that goes into the Kenpo Karate program he is in and he is determined to get it just as soon as his instructor says it's time to test.

So when I found this super cute little Karate Kid From Annie over at SVG Cutting Files, I just had to use it! I actually purchased the file a while back on Etsy, but it is available on her website now. :)
I used the Wave Card Base for my card. I did flip it to work with my karate kid a little better. I used the individual belt from the cut file and just sized it down to fit my little guy. 
 I decided to use the print and cut feature of my Silhouette Cameo to create the sentiment. I just used a couple different fonts, and then lined them up on the shape where I wanted it to print. I printed it on a piece of patterned 6x6 paper and then cut it out. Super easy...and it allows you to create any sentiment you could think of!
Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink Kraft cardstock
Stampin' Up Blush Blossom cardstock
Carta Bella Traditions 6x6 paper stack
Authentique 6x6 paper stack
Core'dinations
Misc papers from my stash
SVG Cutting Files Karate Kids
SVG Cutting Files Wave Card Base

And that's it for today, have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute...perfect boy card!! Lee-Ann :)

L.B. said...

I am loving this svg file. Such a great card!

jessica said...

Happy Birthday to your son!! What a GREAT card!! LOVE the shape and adorable cut!!
Thanks for sharing!!