Tuesday, February 12, 2013

You've been struck by cu-pig!

Good morning! Are you ready for another Valentine project? 

I couldn't resist cutting one of the piggies from the Lettering Delights Hogs and Kisses cut sets. :) And I knew exactly what I wanted my sentiment to say, but unfortunately I don't have a stamp that says this...so I had to use the print and cut feature on my Cameo to create it myself.

Isn't it perfect?
I used the Pretty paper, Pretty Ribbons Layered Labels 1 cutting files to create the card base in Silhouette Studio. The card base measures 5 inches x 5 inches.
To create the print and cut file, I just took the base layer and added the font to it. You have to make sure the line color and fill color match (in my case I chose black) to have a well printed sentiment on patterned or colored paper. 

The pink layer is from a 6x6 paper stack, so I just used some TomBow Repositionable adhesive to stick it to my 8 1/2 x 11 inch standard paper. I've tried to cut the paper down to a 6x6, but I've found that it shrinks my file down. Not sure if it was something I had done, but I know I hadn't changed the size. :) Then feed the paper through the printer, then the cameo and voila!

Supplies: 
PaperTrey Ink Black cardstock
Fancy Pants Designs Time for Spring 6x6 paper stack
Fancy pants Designs Love Note 6x6 paper stack
Misc Bazzill cardstock
Lettering Delights Hogs and Kisses Cut It set
Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Layered Labels 1 cutting files
Liz's PaperLoft Boutique black hemp twine

That's it for today! Hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!

I had so much fun printing this sentiment, that I've created another project using this same technique for my post on Thursday...so don't forget to stop back by!


4 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable...love the sentiment you made!! Lee-Ann :)

Pink Cricut said...

So cute Jeanne!

Kim H said...

Jeanne ~ Hahahaha this is ADORABLE!! LOVE the Cu~Pig! I can barely type because I am laughing so hard! I LVOE it! Hope all is well with you and the family!

Christine's Creative Cards said...

Ca-ute! I love little parodys like that. TFS --C