Sunday, February 6, 2011

Peachy Keen Stamps Let's Face it Friday - Altered Card Storage

The Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge blog is hosting a new Let's Face it Friday Challenge. This weeks challenge is to create an altered container using Peachy Keen Stamps faces to store Valentines or cards you receive throughout the year. 

The Design must be new
The Project must include Peachy Keen Faces






I decided to create an altered Birthday Card storage box! I am always making Birthday Cards and I need somewhere to put them. Actually, after I finished this project, I decided that I needed to make more of these for all my cards!

I used an old fruit snack box and covered it with Sassafras paper from the 'Count Me In' paper pack. I believe this yellow paper was called Multiply. I used some Bazzill cardstock scraps for the outline frames, and scraps from the DCWV Celebrations paper stack on the front of the storage. I was able to use my new SEW Easy for the stitching on the dot cardstock. The thread was Cantaloupe. I'm actually quite impressed with the SEW Easy! It was super simple to use and didn't take long it all! (I did purchase some of the thread with it, to see if it was comparable to thread I already owned, and it is somewhat thicker. But I think that any thicker type thread will work just fine.) I used the Smiley Cards cartridge for the two presents and the Hooray. And of course, Peachy Keen Face Stamps for the cute faces! This set is Happy Lashes (1 3/8" and 1") and I colored them in with some Copics. I added some stitching to the presents and my iRock, to add a couple gems! Enjoy!!

10 comments:

girlia said...

Well this is a great idea and the way you have it decorated is awesome

Glora said...

This is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I love the colors and EVERYTHING about it! Hugs- Glora

Joanna said...

This is adorable! Love the doodles! Thanks for playing with us at PKS LFIF! Good luck! :)

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

What a great idea! Love all the colors! Beautiful work! TFS!

Creations by Zajc said...

Resourceful and brillant! Brings a smile to the face just looking at the box. :) I'm a new "follower" here on your blog and on facebook. :)

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

OMGosh! What a cute card holder! I love tathy ou altered an old fruit snack box!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at LFIF!

Ruthie :)

JennyKozar said...

This is adorable - now do I have any empty fruit snack boxes around - hmmmmmm!

TFS

Cathryn said...

Soooo Cute, Love the stiching! TFS Cathryn67 <3

Kim said...

wonderful idea! thanks so much for sharing

Debbie's Dooie's said...

I love your work. You do a great job. A lot of my style.