Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Creative Time :: Favorite Stamp of the Month!

Over at My Creative Time, we have decided that every other Thursday, Emma and her design team will be dedicating projects showcasing an older My Creative Time stamp set. For today's project we are using the "You Had Me at Chocolate" stamp set.

I have a couple of projects to share today!

I am quickly getting the hang of my Silhouette Cameo! The Silhouette Cameo is a die cutting machine that allows you to cut SVG files through the Silhouette software (Designer edition) or Make The Cut. I really like the Silhouette software, and they have subscriptions where you are entitled to a monthly amount of cutting files available through the Silhouette online store. :)



I used an SVG file from My Scrap Chick called Take Flight for this adorable little pilot. ;) I couldn't resist using a cute little "peachy" face on him either! I used the 'Boy Mates' assortment, the 5/8" stamp. You can view and purchase these must have face stamps HERE

All of the solid cardstock is from my stash (Bazzill) and the patterned plaid paper for the shirt is from the DCWV All About Boys paper stack. I printed the cloud background from the Imagine Hopscotch cartridge. The super cute little banner is from the MCT Build A Banner kit. And of course, the sentiment from the You Had Me at Chocolate stamp set. I also used some PaperTrey Ink twine and some dark brown brads.

And for my second project...



I used PaperTrey Ink Kraft and Black cardstock for the base and first layer. The patterned paper is from the DCWV The Green Stack paper stack. I cut this super cute little froggy with Coordinations cardstock from the Sweethearts Cricut cartridge and added some googly eyes to him. I also added some Stampin' up black brads.



If you own this stamp set, we would LOVE to see ANY projects you have made OR any NEW projects using this stamp set! 

My Creative Time is having a "You Had Me at Chocolate" link up party! 

Please link up your projects HERE to Mr. Linky on My Creative Time's page! If you do NOT own this set, it's your LUCKY day because it is on sale right now HERE! Go pick up your set before they sell out! We are ALL looking forward to seeing your projects! ;)


9 comments:

Kate said...

those are so cute.

Hugs,
Kate

Ester said...

Nice to see a masculine card lol. I'm learning the Cameo too and I'm loving it! What will I do with my other 3 machines. A lot of playing. Lol

Crafting Katie said...

Both of your card are just adorable!!! I love the airplane pulling the banner!

Cindy Lovell said...

Both of your cards are so cute!! I love the images!!
I think i need a cameo!! lol

tracym110 said...

that is one of the cutest frogs Ive seen!!! and that sentiment goes perfect with it! Love the little airplane card too! fantastic job as always :)
Tracy M

Glora said...

Both cards are PERFECT!!! I love them both! You girls really are trying to get me to buy a Cameo. Hugs- Glora

Cassandra said...

Both cards are sooo cute! Glad you are liking your new machine!

hugs
Cassandra

quilt4fun2 said...

Both cards are great. I love the frog saying kiss me :D Very clever.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Leanne said...

OMG! Both of these are so stinkin cute! I am DYING for a cameo!! I hope to one day be able to get one! Hugs, Leanne