Sunday, January 22, 2012

Peachy Challenge 01 :: Pockets!

If you are looking for the My Creative Time January release BLOG HOP, click HERE!

The Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge Blog is hosting the first of the new and improved challenges! This weeks challenge is to create a project with a pocket! Whether it folds, tucks, or hides a treat, pockets are a fun way to add something extra!

They will be awarding "TOP PEACH" to the player who uses their Peachy Keen Stamps this week and TWO runners up will receive a spiffy badge to display on their blog as well!

You don't have to use Peachy Keen stamps to play along, but you do have to use them in order to win the prize! 

Here are the guidelines:

Design must be new, created specifically for this challenge.
Project must meet the challenge outline - show off those pockets!
Link up by January 25 at 11:59 pm CDT.

So what are you waiting for? Link up those projects for a chance to play along and win! :)




For my project I chose to use my PKS Stamp of the Month AND Peachy Picks kits! These kits are fabulous! The Peachy Picks has some great color combos and embellishments that coordinate perfectly. The Stamp of the Month is a full 8 1/2x11 sheet of PKS stamps! :) If you want more info on these clubs, click HERE.

I found this card on Split Coast Stampers a long time ago, wrote down the instructions and then never got around to making it, so I don't actually have the link. It is super simple to make and I love the little pocket that it adds!

I used PaperTrey Ink Kraft and Vintage Cream in addition to the papers in the Peachy Picks. The 6x6 paper pack is the My Mind's Eye Love Me stack. I used a Fiskars border punch on the kraft paper that wraps around the card. The ribbon is Vintage Cream from PaperTrey Ink.

For my little angel, I stamped her on the blending paper that PKS sells and then on some pearl paper and brown paper. Then I paper-pieced her together. I colored her with my Copics and on the halo, I added some Martha Stewart Glitter. And of course some glossy accents on those little eyes!

14 comments:

JennyKozar said...

Super cute!

Melissa said...

Your Valentine is beautiful- Love everything about it!

Glora said...

This really is absolutely beautiful. I've seen this style before but never tried it. I will have to look up the tutorial. You definitely showed off how perfectly both of these kits work together! BEAUTIFUL job! Hugs- Glora

Miss Giebel said...

Hi Jeanne, Your card is so lovely! The little angel from the PKS Stamp Kit of the Month is Fantastic! I love the papers you used and the design of your card!! I'm so happy that you created with us for this PKS Challenge!!! ~Heidi

Raven B said...

Oh my goodness!!!! The coloring on here is AMAZING!!!! I simply love it!!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Peachy Keen Stamps.
Hugs
Raven

Jennie Garcia said...

That is gorgeous!! I love your color combo and you pocket style!! Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous pocket card!! I just love the beautiful rich colors you used..I'm so happy you joined us at Peachy Keen..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Lorie said...

Absolutely precious criss cross card!! You did an amazing job on this, and you've showcased the new stamps just beautifully! Thanks so much for playing along with us at PKS, and for sharing your talent!

Houses Built of Cards said...

SOOO cute!!! Fabulous card! So glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Saundra said...

This is fantastic! Thankd for joining us at PKS!

Kristi said...

This is darling! Thanks for joining the PKS Challenge! ~Kristi

VICTORIA said...

Jeanne your card is fabulous great job on it :) Good luck :)

Amy C said...

This is adorable!! I ♥ the color combo. Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenges this week!!

Hugs,
Amy

Cindy :) said...

fabulous card Barbara, those angel stamps are the bomb, I love angels and would adore owning these