Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A vintage Halloween greeting card!

Good morning! Sorry I've been MIA on my blog this week. It was a super busy week, and then I went out of town this weekend to visit my nephews. :) But...I'm back today with a "vintage" style Halloween card!
This is a standard A2 sized card cut from PaperTrey Ink Kraft cardstock. I also used some Black and Vintage Cream cardstock from PaperTrey Ink. The pattern paper is from the Authentique Enchanted Collection 6x6 paper stack.
The vintage image is from a digital collage sheet called Haunted Bingo Cards I found on Etsy through the Iralamija shop. I printed the images out on American Crafts white textured cardstock with my Epson Workforce printer. I distressed the edges with the Zutter Distrezz-it-all, and then matted it on some black cardstock which was also distressed. 
This SUPER cute little bow is made from the 3 Girl Jam Mistletoe Crinkle Ribbon. I just created a double bow and then glue down the ends of the bows to make the additional loops. :) A black button and some hemp twine finished it off! It's kind of a non-traditional Halloween color, but it matches the hat in the image, and I think it came out perfect!

That's it for me today! But don't forget to head on over to My Creative Time to check out some new 3-D projects!
AND
Don't forget to stop by tomorrow and Friday for the My Creative Time 2-Day Halloween Blog Hop! There's sure to be some fabulous Halloween projects and a super "spooktacular" sale this weekend!
I'll also be in another Halloween Blog Hop with the rest of the Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons design team on Saturday! There will be a fabulous giveaway from Lisa herself, and some more fabulous projects to inspire you to create your own Halloween projects!

Have a fabulous Wednesday!

6 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love the vintage look!! Lee-Ann :)

jessica said...

This is gorgeous! Love that beautiful bow!!

Kim H said...

Jeanne ~ simply GORGEOUS! I just LOVE this look and what you did with it! I think the ribbon, the image the distressing is utterly AMAZING!!

Cindy Beland said...

This is such a SUPER CUTE card Jeanne!!!:)

Kristi said...

Love the vintagy feel of this card.

Rosie said...

super cute card, love the ribbon color


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com