Sunday, November 17, 2013

Digi My World :: Happy Holidays

Welcome to release week over at Digi My World and the first sneaky peek of the new releases!

Today I'm sharing Emily of the Santa's Helpers files.
And...if you don't think this is the sweetest little image EVER...there will be three more helpers available! You can find them here on Friday.
To print out my digital files I import the PNG file into my Silhouette software. Once I have it in there, I create the base of my card, sometimes it is just a regular rectangle (standard A2 4.250 x 5.50 inches) base. Other times I create a shaped card or use some card bases from SVG Cutting Files

Once that is the correct size, I size down my digital image to fit on the card. With that complete then I use the Trace feature to trace the image and create a cut line. I like to have a white border around my images, and in order to do this, you use the offset feature to create a shadow. 

I always print out my images onto X-Press It Blending Card with my Epson Printer. LOVE that with this printer and ink, I don't even have to wait for anything to dry. As soon as it's printed I can start coloring and there is no smearing of the printer ink at all. :)
I colored the image in with Copics and the Wink of Stella Glitter Pen for the white parts. Then I added some pearls around her neck.
Supplies: 
PaperTrey Ink White cardstock
DoodleBug Designs Home for the Holidays 6x6 paper stack
X-Press It Blending Card
Digi My World Santa's Helpers
Jaded Blossom Christmas Wishes
Stampin' Up Pearls
Enamel Dots
Wink of Stella Glitter Pen
Copics

And don't forget to join us on Facebook for our release event!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Your card is so pretty, Awesome Coloring too.

Kathy Salido said...

This is such a sweet card. I love the design and your coloring is awesome!!

Candace Pelfrey said...

This is adorable!! The coloring is amazing!

jessica said...

She is beautiful! Your coloring is amazing!! Such a GREAT card Jeanne!
Thanks for sharing!

Migdalia said...

This is just DARLING!!!
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

quilt4fun2 said...

Sweet job on your card. The coloring is wonderfully done.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com