Friday, November 22, 2013

Jaded Blossom :: Happy Birthday!

It's Friday!! And I've got a super cute project to share with you!

I've been on a roll making quite a few birthday cards lately but you can never have too many of them on hand. :) And I tried a new technique that I learned over on Kristina Werner's blog. If you haven't yet, you've got to check out her blog. She has some fabulous ideas and techniques, and video tutorials to go along with them. And her Copic coloring is awesome! The technique that I used today can be found here.

Of course, there are some Jaded Blossom stamps that are perfect for this too!
To start out, I created a standard A2 sized card out of white cardstock. Then I took some Spellbinders Dies and cut a circle out of the front of the card base. I lined up the circle on the back of the card base and stamped my little monster from the Monster Mash set directly onto the card. 

I took some PaperTrey Ink Clear cardstock and cut it down to 4 x 5.25 inches to fit inside the card. I lined it up where I wanted it and held it down with some washi tape. I stamped the little monster again directly onto the clear cardstock with StazOn ink. I adhered the clear cardstock to the top of the card base and covered it up with some patterned paper. This just basically hides the adhesive.
It's somewhat like a clear overlay to the stamp. I added the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Picture This stamp set and some enamel dots to the front of the card base. To create the frame around my circle, I just took the circle die and the next largest die in the set, lined them up, and cut them with my Cuttlebug.
 When you open the card, there is the full stamped and colored image! I colored the monster with Copics and then added a couple more stamps to the inside.
Isn't this little monster adorable?!
 Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink white cardstock
My Mind's Eye Ooh La La 6x6 paper stack
Jaded Blossom Picture This
Jaded Blossom Monster Mash
Spellbinders Standard Circle Small dies
Enamel Dots

Have a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

jessica said...

OMG how super awesome is this!!! totally going to scraplift this idea :) Hope that is ok!!
Awesome job Jeanne! Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Friday and weekend!

Candace Pelfrey said...

This is sooo freaking cute Jeanne!!! I love how you created this look!

Kate said...

Your card looks AMAZING, absolutely love this technique and how it turned out.

Migdalia said...

WOW!!!! Way too cute!!!!
Have a wonderful day my creative friend,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenge Blog ♥

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing all the links :)

Brianna loeffelbein said...

What a super fun technique, will definitely be trying this!! Your card is so FLIPPING adorable!!

Danielle Lee said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing the technique. That stamp is too cute too.

Kristina Werner said...

So cute! :)