Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Creative Time's Guest Designer!

Emma, over at My Creative Time  asked me to be a Guest Designer for her today! I am ecstatic that my projects were enough to catch her eye. She always has the cutest cards and projects on her website and her designers...well they are just as fabulous! You'll just have to head on over there instead of taking my word for it!

I'm sure most of you know, that she just released her 8th stamp set last Friday too! You can view the new sets HERE! They are fabulous and once again ones that I absolutely could not live without! :) I hope you all enjoy my project showcasing the fabulous MY Creative Time stamp set, "Wow, So Many Candles!" and the new Cricut Cartridge "Sweet Tooth Boxes!"

Thank you once again Emma for allowing me this opportunity! :)









For this project I used the K&CO Confetti Paper Stack for all my cardstock and cuts. It has a ton of great designs in it! I chose Box 3 from the Sweet Tooth Box cartridge, and the scalloped lid. I cut the box at 10 1/2 inches and took the lid down to about 10.3 inches. I felt leaving it at the 10 1/2 was a little too big. I used my Gypsy to cut a star in the middle of the front panel of the box. The star was from George and Basic Shapes cut at 2 inches. I used a small piece of cellophane and adhered it to the inside. I used my Gypsy to create an outline of the star to cut out, so it has a border. That was cut just a few clicks larger than 2 inches. Cricut American Alphabet was used to cut out the cupcake (1 3/4 inches) and party hat (2 1/4 inches) on both sides of the box and the present ( 2 1/2 inches) on the back. I used some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink on all the edges. My stamped sentiments came from the "Wow, So Many Candles" stamp set, and I of course had to use that new die and stamp from "Inspiring Words" for the little tag. I finished the top off with some Offray Aqua Ribbon.

To complete the gift, I made a 4x4 card with some of the scraps from the cuts. I used a PaperTrey Ink RickRack Border Die for the border on on the card. The star was the one cut from the box. I again chose a sentiment from "Wow, So Many Candles!"

I hope you all have enjoyed checking out my Guest Designer Project!

17 comments:

My Creative Time said...

Thank you SOOOO MUCH for being a guest designer for me today!!! Your projects are AMAZING like ALWAYS my sweet friend!
Big Gypsy hugs,
Emma;)

TyTynNiyasmom said...

This is soo cute! You did an awescome job. I need to take a closer look at that cart. TFS.

Candace
mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

Cindy Lovell said...

WOW! Both of your projects are awesome!! I love the clear window on the box! Awesome colors!! Looove it!!!
Have a great day,
Cindy

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Great job as Emma's guest designer!! Love the box and card. I am a new follower
kristan

TenSGal said...

This is adorable and I found you through Emma's site. I'm a new follower, too! And I love my Cricut and am on a personal Cricut challenge to use ever cartridge I have! (I'm to the C's...LOL!)

Sherrie K. said...

Congrats on Guest Designer with My Creative Time. Isn't Emma just the best? Your projects are great! Love your idea's and the gift box is adorable!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kim Ricketts said...

I love this!!!! I must have the sweet tooth cartridge now. You sold me!!! This is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

~Kim

lindagk23 said...

Your box and card are adorable!! Love all the papers and of course the stamps! You did a fabulous job! Thanks for sharing with us! lindagk23

Glora said...

YAY!!!! I'm so glad Emma asked you to Guest Design. You are AMAZINGLY talented. I love your card and this adorable box. Fabulous! Wonderful! PERFECT! Hugs- Glora

Gina said...

i love this! who wouldnt want to receive this! great job!!

JenE said...

Wow, love that box! I need to try to make this for my son's b-day in 2 weeks!

Sara Kate said...

Jeanne these are awesome! Love your work, I'm a new follower!
Hugs,
Sara

Theresa said...

I took the time to go through your whole blog this morning. I really like your style. I've been a follower for a while but haven't had the chance until today to really check all your projects. Good stuff! :) Theresa

MimiKat said...

What a thrill, being a guest designer. Love your project. I'm now a follower

Kat
cricutcardcreating.blogspot.com

ctibbmn said...

Cute little box and card! I really like how you used the cut from the box to make the card - nice idea!!

Jeanne said...

Wow! Thanks for all the sweet comments and new followers! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE this box so CUTE!!! and love the matching card :-)