Monday, May 28, 2012

My Creative Time :: Scrappy Monday!!

Good morning! I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day. Today is the day to remember not only those who have served our country and have given the ultimate sacrifice, but all of our loved ones who can no longer be with us...those that were and are heroes to us in their own ways. :)

A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself ~ Joseph Campbell

Today over at My Creative Time, it's time for another Scrappy Monday Layout Challenge! Emma is challenging us to create only layouts. For this challenge, there are only a couple simple requirements:
~ use only one picture ~
~ incorporate buttons on your project ~

And so here is the layout that I came up with! In honor of memorial day, I decided to go with a patriotic theme. 
This is my most favoritest picture of my two boys! Of course it was taken a LONG time ago, since my kiddos are now 12 and 10. But it's still and always will be my favorite.
I created the title within the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition using a font installed on my computer. I LOVE the fact that we can cut any true type fonts that we already have. :) I used the polygon tool to create the stars and then used the internal offset to create the smaller layers. I welded the words and stars together and then used the offset feature to create the shadow border. I also created the tabbed photo mat and it's layers, that I saw online a while back, but I can't for the life of me remember where. :)
Supplies: 
Bazzill White Textured cardstock
PaperTrey Ink White cardstock
The Paper Studio Vintage Nation 12x12 paper stack
My Creative Time My Little Firecracker
My Creative Time Tag Dies
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique Hemp Twine
Misc buttons from Foof-A-La

Don't forget that this is a link-up challenge! So head on over to My Creative Time to link up your own "Scrappy Monday" layouts!

8 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Love your layout...I can see why it's your fav pic. They're adorable. Lee-Ann :)

Glora said...

Oh my goodness, this is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The layout is SO perfect. And that picture is the cutest! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job with your BEAUTIFUL layout!such a sweet picture,and LOVE all the pretty paper too!Have a great day Jeanne!!!:)

Cassandra said...

What a cute photo!!! And your layout shows it off perfectly!!! Nice job :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

adorable picture of your boys! love the layout too! :)

Kim H said...

Jeanne ~ OMG! How stinkin CUTE are your boys! What a GREAT picture! The LO is just FABULOUS too! Dang ~ again the silhoutte and printed paper ~ ugh! Of course I LOVE them! EVERYTHINg goes so PERFECTLY ~ ADORE it!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job using your Silhouette...I hope to be as good at using mine someday. I love the Title and stars you did...clever. The boys match your layout so well...very cute!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Rosie said...

Awesome layout


Rosiemini@gmail.om
Www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.om