Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Creative Time :: March Stamp Release Sneaky Peek Day #2

Time for another sneaky peek over at My Creative Time! I hope you are all enjoying the peeks and getting some inspiration to make something with your new stamps to link up on Friday! I'm sure there's something special in store for the link up party! ;)

For today's sneak peek, I am showcasing a stamp set called Do the Cocoa Motion
I just LOVE it!!



I saw this tutorial on you tube a while back, and I'm sure there are several people out there that have created these, so I can't take credit for it. I did personalize my sizes to fit a little bit better.

The base starts at 7 3/4 x 8 1/2". I scored the 7 3/4" side at 3 3/4" and 4 1/4".
I then scored the opposite side at 2 1/2". This will make the section that holds the hot chocolate mix.
I did use the Red Sticky Tape to make sure it would hold tight.

Supplies:
My Creative Time Do the Cocoa Motion stamp set
PaperTrey Ink Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, and Kraft cardstock
Misc cardstock (Bazzill and Stampin' Up) from my stash
Winter Frolic Cricut Cartridge (Gypsy) to hide some cuts
QuickCuts Beads Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug Divine Swirls and Tiny Bubbles Embossing Folders
Ribbon Boutique Ribbon
Recollections Pearls
Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix

SNEAK PEEK GIVEAWAY TIME!

With all of our Sneak Peek weeks, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!
***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs! You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!***

***Spread the word  to the world on FACEBOOK about this release and whatever connections you may have! Let us know on "My Creative Time's FB page HERE that you did so! OR you can just tag Emma in your FB post!***

Emma will randomly pick and announce all winners on Friday, march 16th during the blog hop release happening @ 12:01AM PST in her video! GOOD LUCK!

Log onto your FB now and let's start spreading the word! :)

And don't forget to check back tomorrow to see the winner of the Happy Hunting stamp set My Creative Time is giving away while I was a guest blogger over on the Everyday Cricut blog!

50 comments:

Diana said...

This is absolutely adorable. I am going to have to try one of these. :)

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is so cool, I love how you decorated it. I will have to find a tutorial of this!!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Joan Smith said...

Gosh how clever, boy oh boy I think this morning I'm overwhelmed with so much talent as I go down the line. I'm totally amazed at your cocoa gift card...I want this (lol) lucky person who does get it!!

Anonymous said...

such a pretty card! And I love that you made it into a gift card with cocoa! Very creative Jeanne!

Zeni

Beth Anne in PA said...

Super cute project...love how you think! I'll have to try one of these now. Thanks for the great ideas!
Beth Anne in PA
woody42997ataoldotcom

Crafting Katie said...

I love your hot chocolate holder, Jeanne! So cute!!!

jessica said...

I love this!!! Great gift idea!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Melissa said...

Love this, the colors are great!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

Kim H said...

Jeanne ~ Okay now this is a CUTE Cocoa Pocket card! Oh I have to try this! I LOVE it! Love how it opens, attaches and the whole concept! BEAUTIFUL! The embossing, accents and the shiny steam! PERK~fect! Tu for the measurements too!

Jill Rugg said...

So cute-this would make a cute gift to hand out to teachers at Christmas!

jrugg@sctc.net

Beatrice Lawson said...

So pretty! And that ribbon totally makes the card! Perfect idea for gift cards too, will have to look up the tutorial.

Cindy Lovell said...

Very pretty,Jeanne!! I love the pink corners and the ribbon! Beautiful! :)

Liz O. said...

Great idea Jeanne, this will be a great pick me up gift,love the colors and the details compliment everything perfectly., TFS
Have a great day!
Liz
unikebyyes ( at) yahoo ( dot) com

DebC said...

I love this idea Jeanne! I want to make one of these! I love to send a little something with a card and this is perfect. Thanks for sharing. I love the way you decorated the card and the sentiment is perfect!
Deb C
dsc105@live.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This makes a great mass producing gift. Love it! Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

missstamper said...

What a cute idea! I love all the little details you added!

quilt4fun2 said...

I know it is not your original idea but you remembered it and used the idea. I like the embossing and the corners with the pearls to carry on the dot theme. Great Card/Gift
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Maureen Reiss said...

I love this! Thanks for the how to!!
reissfam10 at aol dot com

Brenda said...

What a cute, cute hot cocoa card/packet! I love the cup and the embossing and the inside is as cute as the outside!!

CathyinMN said...

Anyone would love receiving a card like this -- so cute and made even sweeter by the contents inside. TFS!

An'Jenic G. said...

I love this idea. I would love to make this for the hubby because hes a cocoa lover!

lindagk23 said...

Super cute idea! Love all the details you added! Thanks for sharing!
lindagk23atoldotcom

Jessica said...

Jeanne,
I love this idea. I love the brads you added. Super cute...thanks for sharing :)
Jessica
jrparlier@gmail.com

Lisa Rea said...

Sweet card and adorable ribbon.

I LOVE the new MCT Cocoa Motion stamp set. I have two stamp sets and one die set already from MCT so looking forward to adding to my collection! Thanks for everything you gals do!

lisa.rea@kbmg.com
http://scrappydistractions.blogspot.com/

marg0006 said...

I like what you did with the vapor. Great job.

marg0006@verizon.net

Glora said...

I LOVE this idea!!!! What a yummy little treat and SO perfect for this stamp set. I also love the embossing and steam on your hot chocolate. You added just the right texture to them both! Hugs- Glora

Kim's Kreations said...

love the colors on this card. The stamps are great. The inside pockets for hot cocoa is a cute idea.
Ogdendoll@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Cool way you tied in the cocoa mix with the neat card.
Thanks also for the giveaway.
Lothringen from MI

Tammy said...

Very cute and creative idea.

Alvina said...

I love your card the inside pockets great idea, thanks for sharing.

alvinascreations.blogspot.com

CA Scrapper said...

This is so clever and adorable.

Leslie

Jeri said...

Great cocoa holder! This would make a perfect little gift treat for anyone.

sarah said...

this is soooo cute & clever, kids or adults would luv this...
texesgrfama7@gmail.com

Sue D said...

Great way to present a small gift!

Cassandra said...

What a great idea! Would be great for little office or teacher gifts!! Too cute!!

hugs

Chris - Creations in Bloom said...

I'd love to get a card like this! Love all the different embossing and the way you tied it. Sweet!

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

Great little gift idea!!!
Puppy Hugs,
Wendy

wendydotroos2boys@gmaildotcom

Karenladd said...

Oh, I love this ! Wonderful design and great way to use the sentiment!

Crafting Butterfly Creations said...

A adorable! Love all the inspiration

Tina said...

Great little gift and card!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

KnT Designs by Teresa said...

I love this card idea! It's so pretty and a great little something for a secret pal gift. I'm going to have to scraplift your idea. Thanks for sharing. I love the ribbon you used to "tie" everything together.

lisa808 said...

Cute gift idea.

tracym110 said...

Now that's my kind of card! Lol! What a fun idea! And pretty too!
Tracy

Courtney said...

Super cute idea

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job and great gift card!I Love the inspiration:)

Nancy Kitson said...

So cute! How did you make the steam so shiny? Was that the liquid pearls. Thanks for sharing!

Scrappin with the bug said...

What a great little gift pack. This card/holder is perfect for a little special someone or a friend needing a pick me up. Great job. I love the ribbon so pretty.

kandijo said...

I love this. Great job. TFS

kandi_8@hotmail.com

Got2BCrafting said...

What a super cute and fun idea.. love it!! :)
Lori

Crafty Pink Butterfly said...

I have made these before but I like yours much better.

lbaylor77@yahoo.com