Friday, March 30, 2012

My FIRST Print and Cut with the Cameo!

Happy Friday! Guess what?! Today I'm sharing my very first print and cut with the Silhouette Cameo! For this project, I used a Lettering Delights graphic file to try out the print and cut feature of the Cameo. This one came from the Right as Rain graphic set.
I wanted to create a shadow for the image because of the little shapes in it. So I used the offset feature to do that and it worked perfectly. I cut it out twice , and then cut off the bottom raindrops, so I could add some embossing to the cloud. I was going to pop up the cloud, but I forgot until after I had already glued it down.
Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink Kraft and White cardstock
Lime Twist "Life of the Party" 6x6 paper stack
Pink By Design Spring Has Sprung stamp set
Divine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder

I've been getting a lot of e-mails lately asking what kind of printer I use for my digital papers. I currently use an Epson Workforce 1100 printer. 
 This printer allows me to print a full 12x12 page. It is actually quite large. My Cricut Image is to the right of it, so you can kind of see how big it is. It only takes two ink cartridges. The cartridges are more expensive than most, but I've found that it takes me a LONG time to go through a set. I've had this for over a year and have only changed the ink twice now. 

Here are a couple more digital papers that I've recently printed. These are digital papers from Shery K Designs. 

I highly recommend this printer. I purchased it when it was on sale, I can't remember exactly how much now, but I think around $169 or so. I really like the colors that come from Epson printers. :)

Well, that's it for today! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Very Cute card. I haven't figured out yet the print and cut for the Cameo :{ Thanks for the printer tip. Have a Great Weekend.

Hugs,
kate

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Love your card Jeanne! Thanks for sharing the info about your printer. I have been wanting to replace mine with one that prints 12 x 12. I love Epson printers too. :)

Ruthie :)

DIANA L. said...

Your card came out so cute. Have fun with your cameo

Crafty Starkie said...

Don't you just love the print and cut feature from the Silhouette Cameo? I have not once regretted that purchase! :)

quilt4fun2 said...

A great looking card...love the colors. If you have not been printing your own 12 x 12 papers until now...You might be using your ink faster...I was considering a printer with the colors in their own cartridges when it is time for a new one. Use the red up and just replace the red. Not sure. Now with the Cameo I will be using the printer more.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Migdalia said...

Congrats to you!!!You did a GREAT Job!Love it!!TFS
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Glora said...

I love Epson printers too. I've never been disappointed with one. A 12x12 printer would be awesome too. I really love how this print and cut feature worked for your card! How cool! LOVE it! Hugs- Glora