Thursday, June 7, 2012

My Creative Time :: Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Hi there again! Today over at My Creative Time, it's time for the Throwback Thursday Challenge! The theme for the challenge this month is color! Using the following picture, create any type of project you want using the colors in the pic and ANY older Cricut cartridge! 

Then head back on over to My Creative Time to link up your projects before June 20th. Easy peasy...we can't wait to see what you link up!
For my project today, I decided to use the Just Because Cricut cartridge. This super cute cut is on page 52. I actually had no idea what I wanted to do, until I saw this cut and thought that it went perfectly with this My Creative Time sentiment! Then...my Cricuts decided that they didn't want to play nice with me. So I spent all evening updating both my Expression and by E2. My E2 (even after updating) still only cuts one layer of the cut and then freezes. :( Not sure why and it's never done it before. So if anyone has any tips for me...I'm all ears! I wasn't able to get a hold of Provo Craft today, I'm hoping that I make it time tomorrow. 
The Seeing Spots embossing folder is one of my all time favorites!
Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink Vintage Cream and Dark Chocolate
Stampin' Up Green Galore and Pool Party
Echo Park Happy Days 6x6 paper stack
My Creative Time What's Growing On?
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique hemp twine
Cricut Just Because Cards cartridge
Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder
Stampin' Up pearl

Don't forget to check out Emma's blog for more inspiration for your projects and then link up by June 20th!

12 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your card is so pretty and matches the picture perfectly.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

snappy scrappy said...

Great card. Hopefully you'll get your machine straightened out...I can't stand it...it's always when you need to finish something that things go wacky. Lee-Ann :)

Crafting Katie said...

Your card is so adorable, Jeanne! My fingers are crossed that your machines can get fixed today. Ugh!

Glora said...

I LOVE that embossing folder too. I love the half green/ half blue too. It looks awesome. No fun on those machines of yours. Mine was behaving badly last night too, ugh. I LOVE this card! Hugs- Glora

Kim H said...

jeanne ~ despite all the problems you had your card turned out amazing!!! i love the embossing, the colors, the cut and that sentiment! i couldn't agree with you more about how perfectly it goes with your card! you just sparked an idea for me ~ tu!!!

Kate said...

Beautiful Card. Love the colors.

Hugs,
Kate

Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL looking card Jeanne!great job with the colors!!!:)

quilt4fun2 said...

A very beautiful card...love the spots! Great job on your color challenge.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cassandra said...

So pretty! Love the embossing..perfect touch!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

so cute Jeanne! that embossing folder is so cool it makes the flower pot pop!

Ashley Nicole said...

This is so cute. Love the colors and embossing.
Ashley

Jilliene Designs said...

Hi Jeanne, I wanted to tell you that I featured your card on my blog post about Just Because Cards. I love your work!

www.jillienedesigns.blogspot.com