Monday, July 23, 2012

A man card...and a winner!!

Yay for Monday mornings! Okay, not really. 

But I do have some good news to start out the day.
It's time to announce the winner of the Pink by Design Capture Life stamp set! 
The winner chosen by www.random.org is
Summer Hills-Painter 
who said,
"Such a cute card!"

And without keeping you waiting any longer, today I have a super cool man card to share with you. :) A while back I received an order with some (newer to me) Sizzix/Tim Holtz Alterations embossing folders. The one I used on my card today is called Riveted Metal. I knew as soon as I opened it, exactly what I wanted to do with it!
And yes...if you're asking, this is tinfoil! And it gave me the exact look I had pictured in my head. In order to emboss it, I cut a piece of super thin cardstock at the size I needed and then wrapped the foil around it with the adhesive on the back side. Then just ran it through my Cuttlebug. Super easy and super cool, right?!
I looked everywhere online for an SVG tool box file, and the majority of the files were all 3-D ones. (hint, hint) I finally found this one in the Lettering Delights Tools Cut It set. I cut it out in red and black cardstock, to give the handle a different color. The tools are from the Silhouette Library and cut with my cameo.
Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink White and Black cardstock
Misc Bazzill textured cardstock
Core'dinations
Pink by Design Tool Time
Silhouette Studio Library (tools)
Lettering Delights Tools Cut It set (tool box)
Tim Holtz Alterations Riveted Metal embossing folder

I hope you all have a great day!

15 comments:

~ Janey ~ said...

Love this Jeanne! I always have difficulty creating boy cards. I need that embossing folder :)

snappy scrappy said...

So neat...love the embossed tin foil background! Lee-Ann :)

Ruth G said...

Love, love, love the background, the tools, the sentiment! What an awesome guy card!!!!!! TFS!

Kim H said...

Jeanne ~ OMG! I LOVE your card!!!! What cool cuts but that folder ~ I NEED! I LOVE the look and the fact you used tin foil!!!! CLEVER and seriously AMAZING card!

Crafting Katie said...

That is so cool! Love the embossed tinfoil - great idea! Your tools and toolbox are just adorable too!

janner said...

What an amazing man card. Love the embossed tinfoil.
Jan

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS!!! Can never get enough "MAN" cards. LOVE LOVE LOVE the foil!!!
~Dolores w/Harley

Jin Yong said...

What a great card! Well done, Jeanne!

Migdalia said...

fabulous Card!!!

Cassandra said...

What an AMAZING embossing folder!! It makes your card absolutely perfect!!! Great job :)

1CraftyPainter said...

Woohoo! Thanks for the opportunity to win! This card is wonderful. Such a great manly card!

Anonymous said...

Great project today! Really like that embossing folder..need to look for it. Thanks for the tinfoil technique idea.
Lorrie

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job with your Cameo...love the cuts. I have embossed the heavy duty tin foil and it worked great...but I like your idea to back it with paper and that is a great embossing folder...so manly!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Lisa Norris said...

This is so cute! I love that embossing folder! I need to find that one! :)

Rosie said...

love your card

rosiemni@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com