Sunday, July 1, 2012

Oh, snap!

Hi there again! How is everyone's Sunday going? It's going great here. I've had a pretty laid back weekend so far, and was able to get a lot of projects done the past few days. :) That always makes me happy.

For today's project, I got to use this SUPER CUTE new cut file from Lisa Norris, over at Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons! Isn't this crab just adorable?! As soon as I saw it, I just had to have it. And as a bonus, there are two more crabs available with this cut file! 
I created the shadow for my crab using the Silhouette Studio offset feature. The card base was created with a background shape from the Silhouette Library. I just welded two shapes together for the base. Then used the internal offset feature to create the top and inside layers. For my "sand" I ripped some Core'dinations cardstock and then inked the edges with some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 
Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink Black and White cardstock
Core'dinations
The Paper Studio A Day at the Beach paper pack
Silhouette Studio (card base)
Scrappy Moms Amusing Animals

That's all for this weekend! Back to work tomorrow, but don't forget to stop in and see what I've been up to!

10 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So darn cute...love that crab! Lee-Ann :)

Kate said...

So Adorable. TFS

Hugs,
Kate

Crafting Katie said...

Adorable, Jeanne! That crab is really cute, and I love the torn "sand" you created!

Kim H said...

Jeanne ~ okay this is just ADORABLE! I LOVE the whole scene you have created! That sand is too FABULOUS!!!! The shape is soooo COOL too! LOVE it!!!

Lisa Norris said...

I just love this, Jeanne! I love the way you created the background, and that sentiment is just perfect for the sorry crab. Thanks for sharing this with me so I could see your super adorable card! :)

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Glora said...

How ADORABLE! This crab just makes me smile and the whole scene and card shape are AMAZING! Hugs- Glora

quilt4fun2 said...

Great card! I like how you ripped paper for the sand...it looks great.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So stininkin' cute!! The shape of the card is perfect too! :)

- Mel

Ashley Nicole said...

Perfect sentiment. Love the shape.
Ashley

Rosie said...

love your card, love love the shape of the card

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com