Monday, July 16, 2012

Our "day-cation" and a Sympathy card

Good morning! 
Wow, I hope the weekend has been treating you well! We took another mini "day-cation" this last Saturday to South Pass City, a historic site here in Wyoming for their annual Gold Rush days. The kiddos had fun panning for gold and checking out all of the historic buildings. They even got a "job" at the printing press and made themselves each a bookmark. :) Oh...and they did find a few super small flakes of gold!
Although we didn't stay very long, it was nice to get out of the house again. Especially for me, since Friday was a particularly bad day for me, as one of my bosses passed away. What a coincidence it was actually Friday the 13th. So when we returned from our "day-cation" I had to head on down to my craft room to make some sympathy cards. And working all morning on sympathy cards really took away my craft mojo for the rest of the day.

But I was able to finish this one for one of my co-workers, and wanted to share it. I used the newer Simple Sayings stamp set from those fabulous ladies over at Jaded Blossom.
Supplies:
PaperTrey Ink Black and Soft Stone cardstock
My Mind's Eye Meadowlark 6x6 paper stack
Jaded Blossom Simple Sayings
Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circles Small
Spellbinders Classic Circles Small
Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star pen

I hope you all have a fabulous Monday!

7 comments:

Kim H said...

Jeanne ~ Thanks for sharing you day ~ cation! Looks like lots of fun and hopefully you guys struck it rich! I am so sorry for your loss and his families loss too! WOW! I can see why it took the mojo out of you but your card is BEAUTIFUL and will help comfort the family during this dificult time!

Cassandra said...

How fun! Looks like it was a good time!

So sorry about your loss. Your card is simply beautiful!

quilt4fun2 said...

Sorry about the loss of your boss. Your card is beautiful! It looks like your Day-Cation was a fun day! The pictures will make a great scrapbook page.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

liz at liz's paper loft said...

jeanne, your card is beautiful, I'm sorry for your loss!

Rosie said...

beautiful card


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

BEAUTIFUL job with your card,So sorry about your loss!

Christine's Creative Cards said...

Sorry to hear about your boss. Glad you take the kids out to historic sites to learn. Bet they were estatic to find a few flakes of gold.
--C