Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Terrific Tuesday Challenge - Sweethearts

Scrappy Moms Stamps is having another Terrific Tuesday Challenge! This weeks theme involves the use of the Sweethearts cartridge! Here is my submission!








The card is 5x7. I used the DCWV Linen Closet pack for the striped cardstock and DCWV Cafe Mediterranean stack for the floral cardstock. The bottom strip is just some scrap DCWV cardstock trimmed with a Martha Stewart edge punch. I found the bride on page 61 of the cartridge handbook. (I cut off the ribbon part of the bouquet, because I didn't like the way it looked!) And added some Stickles to it! The cardstock for the dress is from the Recollections Valentines paper pack, and it is kind of has a soft metallic look to it. I embossed it with a small dots Sizzix folder. And I finally was able to use one of my new Pink By Design stamps sets, "Here comes the Bride," for the sentiment! Enjoy!!

And on another note, I have reached 100 fans on my Facebook page! So...I am thinking of maybe doing a give away when I reach 100 followers on my blog! I don't have any sponsors, but just figured it might be something I should think about! I'll let you know more details later!

6 comments:

Scrappy Mel said...

So pretty! I love the embossing on her dress - beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

BugBites said...

This card is really pretty. Great design.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

your card is so pretty, I love all the details that you added! thanks for playing with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps!
liz :o)

DIANA L. said...

What a beautiful card love the embossing and the gentle mono colors you used.TFS
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

GiGi said...

That is such a beautiful card! I love the colors and the embossing!

scrappy critters said...

What a goregeous card! Your color choices are amazing!

♥Tammy