Thursday, January 27, 2011

Throwback Thursday Challenge - Paper Dolls

Emma over at My Creative Time is hosting another Throwback Thursday Challenge! There are two requirements for this challenge, the main one being to use either the Paper Doll Dress Up or Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge. The second requirement is to use either a dry or heat embossed element as well!





I chose the Island Girl on page 42 of the handbook of the Paper Doll Dress Up. I think the hair might have been on another page! I cut the girl with light tan cardstock and stamped her face with one of my NEW Peachy Keen Stamps "Wide Eyes Kids" Assortment stamps! I love the new stamps! I cut the sun out of the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge (page 40) on yellow Bazzill cardstock. The background was embossed with the Sizzix Tween dots embossing folder. I cut some "sand" for the bottom of the card and then put some faux stitching around. The Aloha is from Pink By Design's new stamp set "Summer Vacation." I stamped it with VersaMark and then embossed it with some plain white embossing powder. To finish off the card, I added a little color to the face with some Copics, and added some of my new Divine Twine (also from Pink By Design) to the card and the pony tail and some iRock gems! Enjoy!

9 comments:

Glora said...

WOW girl! HOLY MOLY this is CUTE! You used some of my favorite things! Polka dots, baker's twine, Peachy Keen face stamps and perfect stitching. Way to go. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! And thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge.

BugBites said...

She's adorable. Mahalo!

DIANA L. said...

CUTE VERY CUTE-- I LOVE THAT CART.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Feels like summer! I love that embossing folder! TFS!

Cathryn said...

Very cute, I love the bikini and skirt!!! I can't wait to get those stamps from peachy keen!!! TFS Cathryn67 <3

Crafting Katie said...

OMG, your hula dancer is too cute! Love the bow in her hair and the little earrings. Such great details!

VICTORIA said...

Wtg on winning the TBT Challenge.

Debi said...

Congrats~ This card is soo stinkin cute and your faux stitching is so even and perfect!

Vicky said...

super cute congratulations on your winning project its is adorable.