Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cooking with Cricut Challenge #15

I decided to join in a challenge over at www.cookingwithcricut.blogspot.com in which the theme is anything birthday! The sponsor of the challenge is Peachy Keen Stamps! I LOVE PKS!! Plus they have an additional challenge to go along with a sketch for your card or layout! 





For this little card, I decided to try and go by the sketch, I twisted it around a little, but kept all of the elements. Most of my paper is scrap Bazzill cardstock. The background and circle was from the DCWV Celebrations paper stack. I inked up the sides of the circle, shadow, and rectangle with some ColorBox Antique Pewter ink. I used a Cuttlebug folder to emboss the smaller green rectangle and then cut it out with a Spellbinders Nestabilites Die. I used some Divine Twine from Pink By Design and my stamped sentiment is from the My Pink Stamper "Everyday Life" set. The raccoon was cut from page 33 of the handbook and stamped with a Critter Face from Peachy Keen Stamps Critter Face Set A Medium set. I added a little bit to the raccoon with a white and black gel pen! Enjoy!!

10 comments:

Glora said...

Very cute! I love it! Another beautiful card! Hugs- Glora

girlia said...

too too cute

Jean said...

How cute. Great job on the sketch. Love how you used the twine, I really need to get some to try out. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

Anonymous said...

Adorable card!! :-)

Roberta Guditis said...

Love your card! Especially the PKS :). Thanks for playing with us at Cooking with Cricut!
- CWCDT www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

Maria Elena said...

Super cute card ! Love that faux stitch, great job !

Thanks for sharing with us this week at CWC and good luck with our challenge.

Have a great Tuesday ;-)
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Madison said...

Adorable!!! Love the PKS face on the raccoon. TFS and thanks for joining us at Cooking With Cricut this week.
~Madison CWDT www.funkycards.blogspot.com

mum of two said...

What a cute card. You did a fabulous job with the sketch, and I just love that racoon! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cooking With Cricut, we hope to see you back again soon :)

michelle (CWC DT)
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Such sweet designs.
Kathryn
http://crafterdays.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Cute card, Jeanne! And a great use of Melin's sketch, too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Cooking With Cricut.